Thursday, January 24, 2008

Simple and Creamy Tortellini Alfredo

This is a Kraft recipe that my friend Vanessa made and posted on her blog and it sounded good so I decided to try it out and it is a fast and easy winner!! Everyone loved it and it was so easy! I think it is in the new Kraft foods magazine if any of you get that, but if not you can get the recipe here or on kraftfoods.com. Enjoy!
By the way.....I am not very good at this recipe blog thing...I thought the idea was for EVERYONE to post recipes!!!haha:) feel free whenever you want!!
1 can 14.5 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup water
2 pkg. refrigerated tortellini(9 oz. packages)
(I found a good tortellini in the frozen section at Wal-mart...I think it was only $2.87 whereas the well-known one in the refrigerated section is like $6 or $7.)
4 oz. cream cheese cubed
1 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup italian style shredded cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
Pour broth and water into saucepan and bring to a boil on medium high heat. Add tortellini. Reduce heat to medium-low;cover. Simmer for 8-9 minutes until tortellini is tender. Do not drain. Add cream cheese and peas; stir. Heat for 2-3 minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted stirring occassionally. Stir in shredded cheese and bacon.
I made homemade breadsticks and caesar salad to go with the alfredo and then you have a complete Italian feast! Yummy!

No comments: