Friday, November 30, 2007

Parmesan Corn Chowder


Sorry this picture isn't that great. But hopefully you get the idea. This recipe is Jen Alvarez's that Cari and Alisa gave to me a while back. (hopefully she doesn't mind me sharing it) It has been raining all day...well, pouring...and soup just sounded like the perfect meal. This soup is so good! And so easy! Try it...I am sure you will love it!
Parmesan Corn Chowder
2 cups water
2 cups diced peeled potatos
1/2 cup sliced peeled carrots
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 cups milk
1 can cream style corn
1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded parmesan cheese
In saucepan combine the 1st five ingredients and bring them to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until veggies are tender.
In separate saucepan melt butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper until smooth. Slowly add milk. Cook until sauce thickens. Add sauce to vegies or vice versa. Add creamed corn and cheese and cook for 10 more minutes! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Denyse said...

I love making soup this time of year & this one totally hit the spot!!

Erin said...

This is so yummy!

Mom and Me said...

I forgot all about this soup. I remember we got frozen bread from the store and baked it like a bowl and served it in there. It was so good. I am so hungry now. Thanks for the idea!