Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Homemade Oreos with a Holiday Twist!


I was feeling somewhat ambitious tonight....well, enough to make cookies (so I guess that isn't super ambitious) and decided to make homemade oreos which I have been craving for a while now. I know most of you have this recipe already or some version of it, but a while ago I saw a cute idea for the holidays and thought that I would try it out. These are the easiest cookies to make and they turned out so fun....at least I thought so! Enjoy!

Homemade Oreos

2 boxes devils food cake mix
4 eggs
2/3 cup oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil. Roll into balls. You may want to flatten them slightly with two fingers. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let them cool and then frost with cream cheese frosting. You can use either homemade frosting or storebought...whatever you feel up to that particular day. This is a recipe I have for homemade:

6 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup margarine
4-6 cups powdered sugar

Once the cookies are frosted dip edges in crushed up candy canes or peppermint pieces.


3 comments:

Mom and Me said...

YUM
Your pictures look so professtional. Is this yours Sara?
What a good idea.

KTLADY said...

Oooh, I just love it when I can find a new recipe and realize I have all the ingredients in my pantry to make it right now! Yes!! I can't wait to try it! (I was sold as soon as I saw cream cheese in the ingredients). I love that you have a recipe blog. I want to play too! I have to warn you... I am big on the sweets, so those are mostly what I would have to contribute. Love, Katie

kimberlee shaffer said...

OH YUM!!! I am making those tonight if I can get a chance.